Monday Morning Wake Up Call:
Your Motivation, Inspiration, & Direction for the Week Ahead.
Five Ways to Generate New Business
Good morning! How’s business? Great? That’s awesome, but it’s also a potentially dangerous time of the year. If you are like most agents, you are really busy, which is good. But it’s also easy to get a little lazy with regard to generating new business. It takes 60 days to generate and close new business, so don’t wait until things slow down to generate more business in the pipeline. Here are a few ideas to keep that pipeline full of business, all year long.
- Pipeline regeneration: Go back and revisit all those “dead opportunities” who said “no” in the past and present them with reasons why this is the time to reconsider.
- Time management: Spend 15 minutes at the end of each day, planning what you will do tomorrow. Focus on revenue-generating activity, mentorship and planning your success.
- Sales acumen: Sales is a process. To be great, you need to master each step. Prospecting, communication, creating value and finding ways to set yourself apart from your competition.
- Product knowledge: Know the value of the services that you offer, compared to those of your competitors, how to overcome common objections, and knowledge of your inventory, which are the homes that you will sell.
- Forecasting: Forecasting is about making smart decisions for your business. Based on your pipeline, are you on track for your goals? If not, what do you need to do differently? The best sales professionals know how to use their forecasts to prioritize their time, ask for help when needed, and when to walk away from a deal.
Let’s continue to make this your best year ever! Have a great week!
Something to Think About
Success does not just happen. You must plan for it. Zig Ziglar said, “You were born to be great. But to be great, you must plan for it, prepare for it and expect it!” Great words to live by.
Follow at least three (if not all five) of the tips in this week’s message to generate more activity!
Words of Wisdom
How you think when you lose determines how long it will be until you win. – Gilbert K. Chesterton
The secret of man’s success resides in his insight into the moods of people, and his tact in dealing with them. – J. G. Holland
Business is like riding a bicycle. Either you keep moving or you fall down. – Frank Lloyd Wright
Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust. – Zig Ziglar
I like to think of sales as the ability to gracefully persuade, not manipulate, a person or persons into a win-win situation. – Bo Bennett