Monday Morning Wake Up Call:
Your Motivation, Inspiration, & Direction for the Week Ahead.
Here’s to Healthy Relationships!
Happy Monday! I hope you found some time this weekend to spend with that special someone in your life. Or maybe this is the year to find that special someone. Did you know that one of the top New Year’s Resolutions is the find that “special someone”? If you or someone you know is looking for that special relationship in 2018, here are some values to look for in any relationship:
1. Trust is one of the most important factors in a relationship. If you don’t trust the person you are with, then it is probably not a healthy, stable relationship and you most likely will feel insecure about it.
2. Being truthful and honest is major when it comes to relationships. If you can’t be honest in the relationship, it’s not the right one!
3. Respect is a must. No amount of love is worth giving up who you are and the respect you deserve.
4. Communication: You need it to express feelings, needs, and expectations. You need it to solve conflicts and you even need it when it comes to intimacy. Without good communication, how can any relationship grow?
5. Relationships aren’t always sunshine and rainbows, but the happy times should far outweigh the unhappy ones. Being happy is really important in a relationship and if you are not happy then it is time to move on.
6. Compromise: Healthy relationships need compromise in order to work and to establish happiness between both partners.
By the way, having amazing, trusting, mutually-beneficial relationships of ALL kinds are a big key to a successful and happy life. From partners to family to friends – and even business colleagues. Is it time to make a shift in the company you keep this year? I’d love to share with you some of the ways we help support our team members, so they have the best possible foundations for success.
Something to Think About:
Those traits above are not just for new relationships, but sometimes it’s good to reflect on your current relationships. Are they healthy? Are you respected? Are you happy? Those guidelines apply to all the relationships in your life!
Reach out to at least ten past clients who’ve been wonderful to you and let them know how much you appreciate them. Make this the year you nurture those valuable relationships in your life.
Words of Wisdom:
In finding love, I think it’s important to be patient. In being in a relationship, I think it’s important to be honest, to communicate, to respect and trust, and to strive to give more than you take. Kina Grannis
Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses. Ann Landers
“My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and the courage to accept the love in return.” Maya Angelou
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” Lao-Tzu
“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” Sam Keen